Ok, I will start with the good stuff - I saw my niece Alyssa on Wednesday. The poor kid has two parents who are not fit to be people, much less parents. She has moved from place to place to place, and I just hope that she still has a chance to be a good person - she has not been shown how to be that yet!
Also, We went to the zoo today with Lanie and our close friends Chris, Sara, Andy and Ryan. It was a perfect day, not too warm, not too cool, and not too many people (when we got there at least!) We were even treated to a really nice elephant show! I hope that you enjoy the pictures!
I don't have any updates on Unix at the moment, but will be sure to let you know as soon as I have any information. He is still at the vet today, and will likely be coming home tomorrow. Part of me wants to hold a huge party and have a raffle or something for a 50/50 to help pay for this! I mean, it would go for animal welfare, right? In all honesty though, I have checked into insurance which is so costly, and I am also going to write a letter to the editor of the Rochester paper (as I mentioned in another post) to comment on the unfair additional costs of the care that he received. Get this - this is directly from the bill:
EMERGENCY EXAM $85.00
TRIAGE $5.00
KIDNEY PANEL EMERGENCY $64.70
RADIOGRAPH $110.00
CATHETER-PERIPHERAL $42.65
IV SET BASIC $16.00
IV NORMASOL $10.00
FLUIDS/FLUID PUMP $37.40
HOSPITILIZATION FELINE/EXOTICS 33.60
PROFESSIONAL TREATMENT CLASS 3 $52.30 NURSING CARE MANAGEMENT $15.00
ANESTHESIA LEVEL 2 $140.25
HYDROMORPHONE INJ 2 MG/ML $1.33
MIDAZOLAM $4.53
KETAMINE HCL 100 MG/ML $1.88
UR. OBST. CATHETERIZATION $95.30
INJECTION SERIES $23.35
MEDICAL WASTE FEE $2.00
BUPRENORPHINE $8.30
DIBENZYLINE $20.58
ORAL MEDICATION ADMINISTRATION $13.17
DVM EVALUATION $33.60
So, I bolded some of the above information because these are the charges, in particular, that I don't quite get... $13.17 to put a pill in his throat? Isn't that what should be covered under the HOSPITALIZATION fee? What the hell is Nursing Care Management? I didn't know that there were NURSES in there - just techs. Also, why are we paying a fee for a Vet evaluation AND professional treatment? I mean, don't those seem to be the same thing? I will be calling them shortly to ask them to go over each and every charge on the invoice to have them explain exactly what we paid for. The other charges, in comparison to taking him to our vet, are at about 3x the normal cost. THAT is robbery. Just because he got sick at night, people have to pay more to help their pet? I mean, if I realize at 10pm that I need milk, does Wegmans charge me 3x as much for it? There are NO other after hours options for animals, and it seems to me that if we just did nothing, we could be actually brought up on animal cruelty charges for letting our cat suffer until we could afford to care for him! Maybe it seems like I am on a rampage, but well, I am pissed. When I send my letter to the D&C, I will put a copy in the blog.
No comments:
Post a Comment