Thursday, October 16, 2008

A smile that lasts forever

I had to think of this today, as my sister Loren and I attended the calling hours for a kind family member who passed away. I did not really know David too well, but I would know him anywhere. We met a large handful of times throughout our lives, and there are two things about him that always stood out - the uncanny resemblance to John Denver (at least in my opinion), and that smile. David had a smile that was sincere. It was honest and kind, and really, truly showed his love for his life, his family and his friends. I viewed a number of photos tonight, and he smiled in just about all of them, with that same, caring smile. He will be missed.

In regard to kindness as well, I just wanted to mention that TOPS Friendly Markets in the Arcade area employs some very caring and giving people. Thank you for caring so much about my Aunt Barb, and for being there for her during this time.

No comments: