Hi there everyone,
Well, here is the latest on the Bean. She is still with us now, but it is probably only a matter of (very little) time before she moves on to the kitty blanket in the sky. She is on so much medicine now, I am syringe feeding her since she will no longer eat enough on her own, giving her sub cu fluids, and she is having terrible difficulty making it to her litterbox. She is growing more and more tired each day, her breathing is labored due to a mix of asthma and fluid in her lungs, and she is terribly dehydrated. It is so difficult to see our friend this way. She has always been such a lady, a regal and graceful girl - the Queen Bean. Now, she is reliant on us to help her with just about everything.
We are on some new medications (she is, not we), and will give them a few short days to see if they improve her quality of life in any way that makes it reasonable for her to push through this. If she is unable to improve, then we will of course be forced to make the most difficult decision any pet lover and parent has to make. Ugh, I want to be sick just thinking about this, but I am doing my very best to remain positive and strong for Ellie's sake. I don't want her to see me so sad, as I don't want her last memories with us to be of sadness and sickness. She truly is an old soul, and who knows where she will be next, but I want her to be able to go out knowing that she has been loved by so many people, especially us.
Aubrey had the right idea - when and if we decide it is time to let her go, we will take her off of her meds for a day or two to let her just be a cat - not a cat who has to take all kinds of pills and liquids and shots. She deserves to pass as gracefully as she has lived her 16 years as our kitty.
I will of course post more when I can. For now, just send her thoughts and prayers of happiness , health and comfort.
3 comments:
Your kitty and Bruce's dad are going through the same thing at the same time. Here's to peace for both of them.
Trin,
As a mother of Five fur babies, I can only imagine what you are going through. She will be in my prayers as will you, Aubrey and Lanie. All my love, Kimmy
Thanks for the update..I'm sorry to hear that its not the greatest but with you as her mommy, I am sure that she has had the most wonderful life a kitty could have :) Sending lots of love and healthy, strong thoughts..Love, Kate
Post a Comment