
Dr. Lefler called me this morning and told me that they rechecked Ellie's bloodwork today, and her levels have not dropped at all, and in fact, one of her levels even increased, which is a sign that her little sweet body is shutting down. I know that this is a part of life for everything and everyone, but my heart tells me that I can't let her go. When I get home tomorrow, I will go to the vet's and bring Ellie home with me to spend what they believe will be her last few days with us at home. Once Ellie is off of the IV fluids, it is likely that it will only be a matter of time. Very little time, they believe. I am so, so scared to lose her, she is my friend, and has been my best friend for so many years. She has, as cats do, loved me unconditionally, and I her. I can't even see the screen as I type this now. My hands are shaking, and I just hurt.
Hang in there bean, let me hold you when I get home.
1 comment:
Hey there - Stacy gave me the link to your blog. I hope all is well as can be with Ellie. Thinking of you all.
Post a Comment