I wanted to post some of the things that people on the CRF list had sent upon hearing that Ellie had passed away. Remember, these are people who only know me vaguely through this online list. These are the people (other than the few friends and family members who really showed they cared - you know who you are, and if you aren't sure if I mean you, then ask):
- Oh Catherine you must be in bits right now. I am so sorry you had to make this decision, you are right in that they do tell us when they have had enough. You can never replace any cat, but some are that extra special in their ways, and you know that no matter how many cats you have after they have gone, you never forget that special one, I know that my cat Kitty is so very special to me, she is almost human, she hates it when i cry, she hates it when i shout, and comes up to me and streaches out her paw to say "no! stop shouting". And even when she farts, she gets very offended if you make a fuss about it! She loves being vacumed, and loves a bath, and snores like crazy, and taps the cat flap for you to open the door and let her in!
I know exactly what you mean about that special one, and my heart and prayers are with you.
God bless
Jackie, Kitty and Angel Tuppence. xx - I'm sure it was not by accident that you and Ellie were together in this life, may you see her again in the next. jacquie
- Dear Catherine: I am so very sorry to hear about Ellie. I loved all of her names. That really made me smile. She sounds special. You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers. Best, Susan and Romie
- I have to comment on your blog
good for you for sharing your thoughts it helps,,
that is one beautiful Ellie, absolutely gorgeous..thank you for taking
such good care of her and loving her so much...
God will love you all the more for loving his baby .. God Bless
- - I'm so sorry. It's so hard to lose someone we love. I'm sure it's easier for her now and she certainly knew she was SPECIAL!
- Catherine, I am so very sorry. Angel's wings to your Ellie, and I have no doubt my angel, Tiffany, was waiting for her at the Bridge...Always,Donna
- Sweet Ellie rest in peace. Catherine I'm so so sorry. May sweet memories somehow ease the pain. Deepest sympathy.
- Oh, Catherine, my heart goes out to you, and God bless Ellie as she makes
her transition. - OHHHH Catherine
I feel your pain, Im am so sorry about Ellie passing, God Be with you
and may you find some peace in the coming days- - Please accept my deepest sympathies on the loss of Ellie. Last Friday I had my Timmy put to sleep also. My vet says that do that was the ultimate gift of love we can give our fur babies. I am sure that your Ellie is in a better place now, free from pain and suffering. Maybe my sweet-pea Timmy is showing her around the Rainbow Bridge right now. My prayers are with you.
- dear catherine and family,
im so very sorry for the loss of your beloved ellie
and obie too.
i know how hard it is and how much it hurts when
someone so special goes on ahead of us. my heart goes
out to you. i am crying for you.
yes i think to a large crowd was there to greet her. i
expect my boy was near the front as he always liked to
be in charge of things.
i would like to be sure that you have this poem. a
lady sent it to me when i lost my boy. it helps me
some.
God bless you and give you peace.
angel fabians linda
Letter From Your Pet In Heaven
To my dearest family, some things I'd like to say.
But first of all, to let you know, that I arrived
okay.
I'm writing this from the Bridge.
Here I dwell with God above.
Here there's no more tears of sadness.
Here is just eternal love.
Please do not be unhappy just because I'm out of
sight.
Remember that I am with you every morning, noon and
night.
That day I had to leave you when my life on earth was
through,
God picked me up and hugged me and He said, "I welcome
you.
It's good to have you back again, you were missed
while you were
gone.
As for your dearest family, They'll be here later on."
God gave me a list of things that he wished for me to
do.
And foremost on the list was to watch and care for
you.
And when you lie in bed at night the day's chores put
to flight,
God and I are closest to you... in the middle of the
night.
When you think of my life on earth, and all those
loving years,
because you are only human, they are bound to bring
you tears.
But do not be afraid to cry: it does relieve the pain.
Remember there would be no flowers, unless there was
some rain.
I wish that I could tell you all that God has planned.
If I were to tell you, you wouldn't understand.
But one thing is for certain, though my life on earth
is o'er.
I'm closer to you now than I ever was before.
There are rocky roads ahead of you and many hills to
climb;
But together we can do it by taking one day at a time.
It was always my philosophy and I'd like it for you
too;
That as you give unto the world, the world will give
to you.
If you can help somebody who's in sorrow and pain;
Then you can say to God at night...
"My day was not in vain."
And now I am contented... that my life was worthwhile.
Knowing as I passed along I made somebody smile.
God says: "If you meet somebody who is sad and feeling
low;
Just lend a hand to pick him up, as on your way you
go."
When you're walking down the street with me on your
mind;
I'm walking in your footsteps only half a step behind.
And when it's time for you to go... from that body to
be free.
Remember you're not going... you're coming here to me.
-Author Unknown - I'm so very sorry for the loss of dear Ellie.
It sounds as if she was much cherished in life and left this earth
peacefully, surrounded by love. There is no greater gift.
Peace to you and Godspeed Angel Ellie, - Mr. Right will make sure that Ellie crosses the Bridge and restored to perfect health before setting paw into the Land Beyond. She'll meet lots of new friends, have the grand tour of grounds and gardens, and get a long, long list of activities and amenities that will keep her busy 24/7 though she may opt for a few hours of snooze time on her personal perch. One day we'll catch up with our best friends again, and until then, I wish you wonderful memories. Nancy, Mr. Right's mom.
- I'm so very sorry for the loss of dear Ellie.
It sounds as if she was much cherished in life and left this earth
peacefully, surrounded by love. There is no greater gift.
Peace to you and Godspeed Angel Ellie - Catherine, I am so deeply sorry to hear that you lost your beloved Ellie. I know there are no words of consolation at this time.....but you know that you loved her so much that you even made the hardest decision to help her cross. That was the ultimate act of you love for her and she knew it. Your Angel Ellie is now pain and illness free, be gentle to yourself! May her wonderful memories remind you of a well lived life and bring you comfort and peace.
Hugs and purrs
Tina and kitty Jaime - My prayers are with you. I wish u godspeed.
Lupe & Martika - I am so sorry about your precious Ellie...
- I am very sorry for your loss. May her spirit embrace you with peace and strength until you meet again. I hope she is running around with Cheera chasing colorful butterflies...
- Catherine Im so sorry to hear of Ellie's passing. My deepest
sympathies. - I'm so sorry, Catherine--it's the worst thing in the world, isn't it?
I hope you are able to find comfort in your memories of Ellie, but
it's truly like nothing else when you lose someone that's so special
to you. Once again, I'm very sorry,and I know you'll see her again
one day. Sending hugs and prayers your way
Wynne - Dear Catherine,I don't know the details of your and Ellie's journey, but just want to extend our sympathy and prayers to you. Ellie must have been a truly unique cat from the way you describe her. You did the last great act of love for her when she asked.She has lots of dear playmates there near the Bridge. I have several sweethearts there and I'm looking forward to being with them all again in the future.
- I'm so very sorry. Please try to do something special nice for yourself very soon.Lisa & 'Big Guy' (aka a million names also)
- Oh Catherine, it is so hard. I'm so very sorry to read your sad news and also glad your little Ellie could tell you her needs and you respond in love and kindness, and that she went peacefully. I send my love, too, with her as she wends her way. Take care of yourself now, please, this is one tough time.
Pat, SEM and Jenny Anydots in Spirit
I loved my friend
{S}He went away from me.
There's nothing more to say.
The poem ends,
Soft as it began--
I loved my friend.
Langston Hughes - Oh, catherine, I am so very sorry to read this, I guess many of us were
vested in her getting the best of care so that she should make it and get
better.
I know what you feel this first night without her and it is actually a very
special exaulted space after having just gone through the transition to
another subtle form of a very special beloved. It is also a stunned silent
sinkhole or void as the reality begins to sink in.
The next few days will be very hard even though you have a child and a
husband - the relationship with a very long time close intuitive creature ,
another species, where never expectations enter the picture and you just
know each other so very well, pure love and trust, and you experience the
bridge between species with amazement - that is hard to bear without.
But, Catherine , her essence that what made her so special to you, it has
changed you for ever and that will be with you always. The transition from
having the physical presence and the comfort of the soft fur and purring and
her responses at your side is something of the earth plane and we cannot be
faulted for loving it so much; a lot is expected of us in personal growth to
learn to live without this closeness and it is true for those of us who had
the privilege of the closeness with that one, that very, very special kitty
or dog friend where the relationship went well past what is usual with our
other pets, it is not likely to be experienced again - and then it can, if
we let go of looking for the same and are really blessed.
Ellie was unique in her way how she stepped out of her specie's bounderies
in her closeness to you and that is pretty rare, and I hope that you will be
given the space to mourn her departure from your side with as much time as
you need.
Take good care of yourself and please convey my sincere condolences also to
your hubby and your little daughter
On deep sympathy,
Erika and my seven furry angels ( among them Kinki who was THE ONE ) - Oh Catherine....... I am SO very sorry. I can only imagine the hurt and emptiness you must be feeling right now. Yet, you listened to your baby. She had something to tell you and you listened. You spared her from any more suffering which was the most loving act of kindness you could possibly give her. Upon her release, she was probably thanking you so very much, wishing she had the words for you to understand. Your baby is now free and it's all because of you!Hang in there, dear CRF friend. You are certainly not alone here. We all are with you tonight, praying you'll get through this.Try being happy for Ellie, freeing her from her illnesses. It's because she would want you to be happy for her, more than anything else! :)Big hugs from Oregon....Vicky
- I am so sorry for the loss of your beloved Ellie. How blessed she
was to have you in her life, but in reality it was you who was
blessed to have had Ellie in your life. Peace to you knowing you did
all you could for her and did the most loving thing at the end.
Marianne, Ebony & Toby - Catherine, I am so, so sorry.
- Catherine,
I am so sorry for your loss.
Your angel is probably playing with mine over the Bridge. Be strong. Your baby does not want to see you suffer.
Hugs,
Taimi - i`m so terribly sorry re: your loss of ellie. she sounds like she was a wonderful girl. take care please--vicki
I am so, so sorry, Catherine, for your loss of Ellie/Bean/Squeeze Cheese. You obviously loved her very very much -- your affection, your devotion shines through. It's so sweet to read her names. She must have absolutely basked in your love and affection. Ellie was obviously the most loved kitty in the world -- or at least you made her feel that way. And that is something you can always be proud of for yourself. Good for you that you loved her so much -- and better than "good" -- it's GREAT -- for her that you loved her so much. Sounds like you were very well-loved in return. You did the right thing, you showed her the love and respect she had every reason to expect from you -- no matter how much it was going to tear you up inside. It was love that kept you together as long as you were a team, and I'm sorry that the two of you could not have had more time together.
I wish, Catherine, that I had words that would help you, that would ease this pain. But, I do not. I keep reaching for them myself. Still, even though I can offer no consolation, I still want you to know that my heart goes out to you at this horrible, horrible time.
take care of yourself now -- I'm sure that's what Ellie/Beanie/Flea Bean wants now -- and Squeeze Cheese ain't got no fleas always gets what she wants, right?
Margie, and my sweetheart, my baby boy, my angel, my Russian, who died of CRF on April 24, 2008
I am so sorry to hear about Ellie, but commend you on your courage. Ellie was very fortunate to have you to love her all the way through. God Bless you, it sounds that Ellie's crossing was peaceful, something we all hoope for.
You are in my thoughts and prayers- Catherine, I'm so very sorry for your loss. Your in my thoughts and prayers! Nancy
- Catherine,
I'm so sorry. I can feel your pain in your post. Like so many others in the group, I can identify only too well with how you are feeling today. I hope it brings you some comfort to know that everyone who reads your post will mourn with you and perhaps, like me, shed a few tears with you. Please accept my sincerest condolences and cyber hugs. I will light a candle for Ellie tonight.
Michele - oh I'm so sorry to hear about Ellie....though no words can really express how you feel or make you feel better...this I will say....she knew you loved her....that be certain of.I will keep you and Ellie in my prayers.Claudia & Rocket
- Oh Catherine, I am so sorry. I have been thinking about you all day wondering how things were. My heart goes out to you. I know that it was a very tough decision to make, but I also know that it was the right one.
- Catherine, I was saddened to read that Ellie has crossed the Rainbow Bridge. We love them, care for them and in the end let them go. You gave Ellie the greatest gift you could by respecting her wishes. She is now happily romping in the green meadows chasing butterflies with Obie and all our angels.You are in our thoughts and prayersSharyl Pequita Tiki Stormie Sissy Rocket and Angel Albert
If ever you wonder whether or not there are still a few good people in this world, just know that the list above (full names and email addresses excluded) is just the beginning. Always remember that what YOU say and do to others can really make a difference in their lives. Thank you all so much for all of your love and support through this very difficult time.
As for family and friends who have called, sent emails, text messages and so on, I want to thank you as well for being there for me and especially for Ellie. Ellie KNEW that she was special, and loved by so many. I really welcome and encourage anyone out there who wants to remind me of a story you have or a memory you have of Ellie, please share it in the comments. If it is something you would like to have me post in the blog, just tell me and I will be sure to add it.

1 comment:
It's great that so many people have so many nice things to say. These are all people that can understand similar pain and worry. I was happy that I saw The Bus in there, too. :) The toughest thing for me losing Obie was in thinking that the pain would go away. Amazing to me that, even almost a year later, I still get choked up about him. He was my first real kitty buddy. Bonded, you know? I know also that, no matter how much of a great friend Ellie was to me through these 10 years, that you had that special bond with her, like I had with Obie. I guess that's the toughest thing - and the most wonderful thing - about having cats. The bond you share can be just as close as one you might have with a person. I miss Ellie dearly and think about her daily. I just hope that you can remember more of the great times with her.. the things that make you smile, rather than cry. The thing that gets me by with Obie is remembering those times, as opposed to remembering his suffering or how much I miss his unbelievably loud, annoying, lippy purring in my face at night.
I love you.
-Aubrey
Post a Comment