Anyhow, this summer is flying by at the speed of light it seems. We have been busy doing all kinds of exciting stuff since the summer began. Of course as you likely read in one of my previous posts, my close and very special friend Robin came for a week to visit us from Holland. During that time, we went and visited friends and family downstate in Brooklyn and Long Island. After Robin left, we took off for the annual trip to Tunnel Lake up in Canada to visit with Aubrey's Dad and step mom (Phil & Linda). We returned home, and have taken some really nice day trips and overnights.
We also took a little time and drove to Kayuta Lake in the foothills of the Adirondacks to visit with some of Aubrey's aunts, uncles, cousins and friends. In fact, we were the first people to spend the night in the camp that his Aunt Kathy and uncle David bought. It was really pretty nice, and we enjoyed the time there. Lanie even got to go on a jet ski AND drive a pontoon boat!
Lanie driving the boat on Kayuta Lake
Aubrey's uncle David was the lucky recipient of a leech on his foot, which Francis (Aubrey's cousin who will be deployed to Iraq in September) took the time to show to all of us. I had actually never seen a leech. To be honest, it was a lot less disgusting than I had thought it would be - it was really an interesting little creature! Gross, but interesting.This weekend, both Lanie and I will be in a wedding. Our friends Kirsten and Mike will be getting married on Sunday, so that should be a lot of fun for everyone. We are really looking forward to that.
This coming Tuesday, I am leaving for San Francisco to visit Stacy for a week. I am really excited about that, but nervous at the same time. It is the first time that I will be away from Lanie for more than a day, and I am still not sure that I am ready to do that! I just love being around my child. She is a person that I just love to spend time with, and I will miss her terribly that week. I will of course also miss Aubrey, and don't often spend more than a day away from him, though he has had to go away for work in the not to distant past.
Tootles, y'all!
1 comment:
give all of my love to Kristen and Mike. They so deserve happiness.
Post a Comment