Just when you think that the world is small...
As I mentioned in previous posts, Lanie and I are in a wedding tomorrow for our friends Kirsten and Mike. We have known them for a very long time, and a number of years ago, we found out that Kirsten's grandmother actually lives just down the road from my mother in Tavares, Florida. Tavares is a really small town that most people have never even heard of. Though it would be a rather long walk, it is possible to walk from Kirsten's grandmother's house to my mom's house. A year or so ago, Kirsten's father moved down to Tavares as well. In fact, Kirsten and Mike flew with Aubrey, Lanie and me to Florida a few years back and shared a car from the airport to Tavares. Small world, right?
Check this out...
Kirsten's mom, Ingrid is from Ontario, Canada. That is a big place, right? So, today we went to the nail salon to get our pedicures done for the wedding, and I was sitting in a chair next to Kirsten's cousin, Erin. When I was talking with her, I asked her where she was from, and she said that she was from Northern Ontario, so I asked her where specifically. She said it was a small town that I had probably never heard of about 10 hours away from here called Blind River. Hmmm... remember in the previous posts when I mentioned our yearly trip to Tunnel Lake? Well, we pass through Blind River on the way there, and in fact this year, the owner of the Red Top Restaurant in Iron Bridge told us that he gets his fish from a little hidden fish shop in Blind River. When we were at camp this year, we decided to drive to Blind River to go for lunch and to try and find the fish guy that we heard about at the Red Top. We found the fish guy (Nyman's Fish Shop) right behind the Hotel Auberge Eldo and bought some wonderful fish there. So, what does this have to do with anything in this story? The Nyman's are Kirsten's Aunts and Uncles!!!!!!! I believe if I heard Erin correctly, the man who owns the fish place that we went to is Ingrid's brother...
By the way, Blind River has a population of 3600 people.
So... as I said, it is a really, really small world.
No comments:
Post a Comment