
I dropped Lanie off this morning at "Nana's" so she could spend the day there, and the night as well (once in a while, she sleeps over at Nana's to give Daddy and me a little grown-up time - hubba hubba ;-) ). Anyhow, I came home, Aubrey and I started to clean the kitchen floor so we could start/finish the tiles in here. We had to go and buy the tiles and some other stuff at Home of Pot, oh, home Depot, sorry, and while there, my cell rings - it was the district we live in (and one that I am hoping for a real teaching job in), calling to see if I could come in and sub for the afternoon. Without even asking what subject, I said yes, of course I could come in! So, an hour later I went to the school and was told I would be teaching grades 5&6 Science class - haha - Me? Teach Science? Well, it could have been worse. I mean, it could have been MATH, right?
So, there I was, my first sub job. How bad could it be, right? The first group came in, which was ok. They were 6th graders who were learning about, get this - rocket science... So, I taught rocket science, for real... very cool!
Then I had a break, and the 5th graders came in - holy hell... these seriously were some of the most terrible students I have met so far! Talk about rude and disrespectful! They were so loud and terrible that another teacher came in and yelled at them (how embarassing was that... I felt terrible). Well, the kids then turned on the teacher that came in and began backtalking her!! Little crappers... anyhow, I was slowly able to get them under a little control, but not much. It sure didn't help that this was a Friday before a holiday weekend I am sure...
Well, the saddest part is this - I made more money today subbing for two classes than I would have made at my regular job in 2 days! Ugh - SOMEONE HIRE ME!!
No comments:
Post a Comment