
I am making an attempt at blogging. So often I find that I want to write things down, especially when it comes to Lanie, that by the time I get around to it, the moment has passed, and I can't remember what it was that I was going to write. Therefore, I am practicing with this blog first. The painting I posted is simple - it was an assignment from my capstone course where we were to create an artistic paradigm - traditiona, modern or postmodern art witht he american flag as the subject matter. HATED the assignment with a passion, therefore I did poorly on it (B+ is poor to me in grad school...). I challenged myself with a painting - it is not my strongest medium, but honestly, I think i did well for only having put a few hours effort into it...
Anyhow, the semester is nearly over. Thank goodness. I need a break. Again, just being honest, I will miss school when I am all done. I like being a student... I just don't like the hard homework!
Gimme your thoughts on this painting
2 comments:
i love you for being honest with yourself. it is definately not your best work. not inspired. but oh well. b+ is a b+. :)
the beauty of it is I did this in about 3 or so hours... so, crappy painting, yes... but not shabby for 3 hours work in a medium I suck in ;-)
I do love being an artist... ;-D
Post a Comment