Thursday, June 5, 2008

Shit or Shinola

Some days I guess it doesn't matter which one it is. So, tomorrow, I have to have emergency oral surgery to take care of a cyst/abscess in my mouth - like I need more stress, right? But, good ole' Dr. McHottiepants (he is kinda, well, really hot, and yes, Aubrey knows this) gave me some Halcion to calm the savage beast that I become when I am stressed/anxious. Last time I had to see him, Aubrey found me waiting in the reception area zoned out and perhaps dancing (swaying probably) to the Doodlebops. He reminds me of this all of the time when he wants to poke a little fun at me.

On a better note, Lanie has her first dance recital on Saturday which should be really cute. I hope that she isn't too afraid on stage. There is a Ween song that comes to mind - I'm Dancing in the Show Tonight - this makes me think of her!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jxCAqSC1srU

The live version isn't as cute as the recorded one (in my opinion, and it is harder to understand what they are singing, but whatever)

Of course, photos will follow once I have some!

Loren seems to be doing well too. All of the craziness that has surrounded her has taken its toll on me, so I am beginning to separate myself out from her. She isn't good for my health - believe me! She is successful so far in rehab, which is great. I just hope she keeps her shit together so she can be well enough to take care of her kids. They need her. Especially Alyssa, who is apparently moving yet again.

1 comment:

Erin said...

seriously?? halcion? how come I get antibiotics and you get halcion? wtf?