Well, today was a special day. Lanie danced in her first tap/jazz/ballet recital at Eastridge High School, and it was just wonderful. It was a real riot to watch the kids to their thing, some did what they were supposed to do, some did what they felt they wanted to do, and some had other items on their agendas! All in all, it was a success. I was afraid that Lanie would freeze up on stage since she had mentioned numerous times that she was very nervous about making mistakes and forgetting her dances/songs, but I think that it helped her a bit that I took her to the school the other day and brought her on the stage to get a little more used to where she would be. She did just fine. My heart went out to Sophie, one of Lanie's sweetest friends, who did exactly what I think I would do if I were to be on stage - cry. I give her so much credit for sticking it out and staying on the stage, even though she was frightened. I just wanted to go up and hug her! To be honest, I am really shocked that more kids didn't do the same thing. That was a big stage, and a scary venue for a little kid.
Now, on the complete opposite end of things was Julian! He was the ONLY boy out there, and he had an absolute blast. I have no idea if he was doing any of the dances correctly or if he just had his own plan, but whatever it was, it was absolutely precious. He was partnered up with Lanie for a few of the routines, and it was just great to see the two of them dancing together (his parents and I joke about how he and Lanie will get married someday ;-) )
Nonetheless, there are a few photos from the recital on the blog, but also please feel free to take a look at all of hte ones that I uploaded to Flickr.com. I have not used this site before, but it is usually good. If anyone has a hard time seeing the photos since I kept them for only family and friends, just let me know and I will make some adjustments to the security level.
1 comment:
soooooo cute. i totally wish i had been there, but i might have scarred lanie for life, and made her afraid of the dentist (i still look like i'm holding a golf ball in my cheek, and now said cheek is also bruised a lovely shade of purple).
My favorite pic on your blog is the last one, where is looking right at the camera. What a good job she did!-- you tell her i said so!
now i'm going to look at flickr, so xoxoxo
Post a Comment