Sunday, September 7, 2008

So

If you all of a sudden found out that you were going to be the parent to not one, but perhaps two little tiny insy winsy baby kittens, what would YOU name them?

My husband, the caring man that he is, agreed to adopt the little gray fluff that I wrote about in an earlier post (Esmerilda - Esie... not sure if she will keep the name though, sounds too much (and looks too much) like Ellie). However, when talking to the vet about this, she explained that she felt very strongly about keeping kittens together to make sure that they have a playmate their own age, since as indoor cats, those are the ONLY friends they will ever have.

I have had cats for my entire 34 years of life - I know that a kitten brings life to a house with older cats like we have, and that two is not necessary. So, we left the vet, and I was sad, knowing that I could not have my kitten who I felt such an instant bond with.

In the car, Aubrey saw me looking down about this and asked me what was wrong. I said I was sad that I could not get my kitten, so he said "Why not?". He then went on to say "Let's take them both (a boy and a girl). These are orphans who have pretty much been bottle fed since the day they were born! They don't even know that they are cats yet!

Our babies will be home with us in about 4 weeks, since they are only 3-4 weeks old now, so we have some time to prepare.

Not that I have to explain this to anyone - we were not intending on getting more cats. In fact, we have talked for a while about how much easier it would be once we were down to just two. It has been easy, and really quiet here. Too quiet I suppose. In no way will this new kitten (Esie) replace Ellie, and the little boy, he will not replace Obie, but it looks like we will be beginning a new chapter in our lives with our new family members. Lanie doesn't know that we are getting kittens yet, but Aubrey and I are both very excited about our new family members to be. I will go to the vets this week and take some photos of the two of them and post them on here so you can see them.

Ahhh... cute, disrespectful, farting, terrorizing kittens... life is about to get wild here!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey, Just checking in to see how things are going for you. I truly hope people aren't upset or mad at you. With all that's just happened and school just starting...

Anyway, I wanted you to know that you guys are in my thoughts. Hope we can catch up (in person) soon. Love, Lenore

Anonymous said...

This Post is useless without pictures

We want to see these furry little creatures !!!

Erin said...

oh my. oh my. how did i miss this? i missed this!