Not that it was too difficult to do, but here is a photo of my first paid job as a mural artist. They may be calling me to add more to it if they get permission to add the emblems for their partners (I believe the partners are : DEA, FBI, CSI ... there may be more, but I don't know what they are). That would be great to be able to paint more and get paid for it! I still can't believe that I got paid to do this! It did however take a lot longer than I thought it would. I thought it would take 2-3 hours, but I was way off. It took me closer to 8 hours, but still, very worth the money.
Sooooo.... if you know of anyone who would like me to paint a mural for them, let me know! I am starting to get the hang of this!
Boy, I will tell you that it was an interesting experience being within the inner confines of the police department. I heard, saw and smelled a lot of things! Yes, smelled... at one point, the overwhelming odor of marijuana filled the air. Apparently they had brought in some pot plants and they were in the room next to the one I was painting in. What a strong smell! I mean, it was EVERYWHERE... must have been one hell of a plant! Some conversations I heard were pretty hard to listen to. One was about having to tell a family that the death of someone they cared for was being treated like a murder... then there were all kinds of conversations about heroin deals and drug interceptions. What i found most interesting though was the 'creed' that was posted inside of the elevator - something like 'maintaining a level of integrity at all times'... yet, I heard the word f*ck used in so many ways, it was, at best, uncomfortable! Nonetheless, I personally was treated very well by everyone there. One of the federal agents made sure that I didn't go hungry - every time I turned around there were more Thin Mints for me to eat! All in all, it was a great experience. I will actually miss going down there, even only after just two days of painting.

1 comment:
Cate! This is wonderful! What a great experience and job well done!!! Good for you.
Post a Comment