Wednesday, March 5, 2008

The death of a cousin


I am sad to say that our cousin Monica passed away earlier this week. I never knew her, but I have met William and Denise, and know that they truly are the salt of the earth. I can't imagine how difficult this all has been for them, and my heart simply breaks for them. The email below is what William sent out earlier today to let us know about her passing:

To all, It is with deep sorrow that I am sending this email. On Sunday, 3/2/08 our daughter Monica passed away at her home between 3:30pm and 5:00pm. Her husband found her laying in bed, with foam at the mouth and a fluid at the nose.On the advise of a 911 operator, he laid her on the floor and administered CPR. Her jaw was locked tight and he could not get his finger into her throat to clear her air passage. He said she still had a pulse, but very weak at the neck. Shortly thereafter the Paramedics arrived and they were not able to revive her......She just turned 35 on 1/11/08....She had a complete physical two weeks prior to this and was in good health.....At this time the cause of death is undetermined, pending the autopsy results in Baltimore, Md......I apologize for the late notification. My whole world has been turned upside down and with trying to notify everyone I can, the arrangement's, the lack of sleep, food etc. I feel like a walking zombie! Some of you may not even read this email until all is over. But I can take comfort in knowing that when you do, your thought's and prayer's will be with us.......The arrangement's are as follows: Viewing and service will be held on Friday, 3/7/08 at the First Lutheran Church.....6300 Southern Maryland Blvd., Huntingtown, Md. 20639. (410) 257-3030......Family viewing 9:30am....Public viewing 10:00am.....Church service 11:00am....With cremation to follow. Since Monica will be cremated, flowers are welcomed, but we will divide them and bring them home. Once they wilt, we will use the vase's to plant green leafy plant's in hopes they will last for years to come in her memory. For those who wish to do so, you can make a donation to St. Jude Children's Research Hospital @ http://www.stjudetribute.org/. In memory of Monica Marie DeAgro Edwards. For those of you who do not have our address, It's 532 Bedford Drive Charles Town, WV. 25414 Home phone (304) 725-4149 My cell (304) 676-9257 Much love to all and God bless! William & Denise DeAgro

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

oh catherine, I am so sorry to hear about that. my heart is with you.