Thursday, March 13, 2008

I feel honored

I just wanted to share something with you all. Today I received a letter in the mail from my school district which read:

Dear Ms. King:

The senior class of Irondequoit High School is inviting you to participate in the 2008 Commencement Ceremony as a Class Marshall. You have been selected by the students as an individual who has had a positive influence on them. The selection by students of our class recognizes the hard work and joy for learning and life that West Irondequoit has promoted during the past twelve years. Because of your special contribution to our education and growth, we hope that you will join with the others selected as Marshals to lead our class to graduation on Sunday, June 22, 2008 at the Eastman Theatre for Irondequoit's 85th Commencement Ceremony.

The letter was sent from the Class of 2008 Senior Class Officers.


All I have to say is - I am touched. It is one thing to be recognized by other members of the faculty and staff. When the students remember you, when THEY are the ones that want you to be there - well, that is really something special. Of course I will be there. I am so pleased that I made a difference to someone. Isn't that why I started teaching to begin with?

1 comment:

Erin said...

what can i say... you deserve it. I am also totally not susrprised, and proud of you.