Trying this again. I posted this in the wrong blog! People are greedy. Greedy greedy greedy. I started boarding at a new barn (because the last barn was temporary die to cost, the barn before that didn't give meds or feed and beat on my horse, the barn before that was run by crazy nasty bitches. So new barn advertises for $280/mo. Then decides wants $350, then $325, then picks someone else to board there. Then emails me NYE to say come on and move your horse in, then says she wants $350 again, then $325. I move horse in a and pay $325. Now she wants $400... Mind you she wants $400 because my horse takes extra care (ie: I go and medicate daily, I was cleaning his stall and I was even asked to take his blanket off... And I prepare meds and and and... Oh and spent an entire day babysitting her dogs and the horses while she was away... Apparently for free and out of the goodness of my heart... Because I should do all that for free. Right?? Cost is elevated because my horse needs - more shavings (wait till you see the photo... That's hardly worth $400/month) and she won't even open the pastures - so the horses are mud bound until further notice. Ugh. Can't I just find a decent place with no bullshit? I'd also like to add - I've been there daily. Literally every day. Not easy with kids and a traveling husband and working in multiple venues (school, studio, etc). Yet after seeing the owner of the barn daily since day 1, after her email came out regarding board, she's been avoiding me. I have to wonder why. Did I say or do something? I mean, I'm the most easy going, non-conflict, harmonious person, so what did I do? Why am I being avoided? :-(
There are more stories of greed that I could share but I won't. (Like the teacher I had who charged me full price for missing a lesson when my son hit his head and had to be examined for a concussion yet only offered me half off of a lesson when this same teacher screwed up their own schedule and completely forgot my lesson. I drove nearly 2 hours r/t for that lesson only to have my teacher not be there... )Thank you to all the folks out there who don't use $ as their everyday focal point. I appreciate you so.
I know nobody reads this anymore. It's my own personal Facebook I guess without all of the distractions and nonsense.
Does this look like enough bedding to you? Certainly looks scarce to me. What do I know though.
No comments:
Post a Comment