Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Ever have a feeling...

That the words that come out of your mouth aren't necessarily the words you meant to say? Or at least that the meaning behind the words wasn't getting across correctly? Well, it occurred to me that I can be pretty negative when I don't necessarily mean to be. As an example, I went to dinner with a dear friend last night and her husband (Aubrey and Lanie were there too), and we were talking about teaching. As you may have noticed from an earlier entry, I was pretty upset about the disrespectful nature of some teachers that I work with. I don't mean to say that ALL teachers are that way, they aren't. I love what I do, a lot in fact. It is just that when I have the chance to actually TALK about some of the more negative things that I experience at work, I REALLY talk about them. That is due largely in part to not having anyone at all to talk to within my own profession. Hard to believe that is true since I work in 6 different schools - you would think that I have a TON of people I could talk to, but I really don't. I am not in one place long enough to really get to know anyone enough to talk to them in that way. So, if you are ever in a conversation with me, and I am coming across as negative, don't take it to heart. I truly love what I do, and I am so so SO grateful to have the job and career that I have.

Ok. I feel better now!

1 comment:

Erin said...

I solemnly swear that Catherine loves teaching art. LOVES it.