Friday, August 31, 2007

Cancer is confirmed

Hi everyone,

Dr. Markel called today. Though it is NOT Lymphosarcoma, it is Lymphoma. Not good. There are some options, which consist of a 2nd surgery, which would have been more effective if there was only one lump to deal with, but since there were at least three (and I Have found at least one more), it seems to have spread. F*c%.

Another option is to take him in the car (which TOTALLY freaks him out) to Cornell to meet with a feline oncologist to discuss having an MRI or catscan, and see where all the cancer has located itself. IF it seems reasonable (that is relative) then we could move on to chemotherapy, which is something that lymphoma does tend to respond to... the $hitty part about that is... who has cat insurance? What the heck does chemo cost? Is it even going to help him? Damnit - I can't even begin to express how frustrated I am that this is not cut and dry. If she had called saying that there was nothing that could be done, I could, eventually, handle that. If she had called and said that chemo was a sure thing for a cure, I could handle that, and we would deal with the financial part as we could, but this is more along the lines of - well, you could try this or that, and maybe they will help, and maybe they won't...

If I sound sad, frustrated, confused... I am... I just want what is best for Obie.

2 comments:

Erin said...

little obie kitty. the Lip. the obinator. i love you, you loud, squeaky, purr-y cat.

Adventures of the Double 'S' said...

...let's not forget the King of the Crusty!

It always skeeved my hubby out, but I didn't ever mind it Obie - WON - CATNOBI