Which sucks. No better way to even try to say that. I am angry that he is sick, of course, not angry with him, but just angry, and terribly sad. Aubrey noticed a lump on him over the weekend, so Monday I took him to the vet's, which he hates going to (though, I will tell you, we use the BEST vet in the world, Dr. Balonek, and have seen Dr. Markel this time with Obie, and she has been tremendous). They aspirated two of the three lumps that I had found up until then to send the cells away for analysis. I have since found at least one more lump. He was fine a month ago when he went for his yearly vet visit, so this thing is moving really fast. He has lost his voice (and those of you who know him, he is a real talker, all the time), and has lost a pound in the last month, which is not good.
Dr. Markel (or Martin, I feel terrible that I don't even know which is her name) called me this morning with Obie's results, stating that they were inconclusive, BUT the lab felt that there was reason for concern of cancer, as the cells were very abnormal.
I am just praying that the tumors are ALL benign, and that he is able to recover.
Obie goes in for surgery tomorrow morning at 7am, and should, if all goes OK, come home tomorrow night. It will be two weeks until we know whether or not the tumors are benign or malignant, and what, if any course of medication would help.
For those of you who read this, please keep Obie, or "The Bus", Mr. Bussadon, Obidon Milosakitty, Gary Bussy (all silly names we call him) in your thoughts. He is a great guy, and we are really sad that he has to go through this. Thanks.
1 comment:
Bear and Onyx and of course MIke and I are in shock. Poor Obidiah the King of the Crusty'z.... THinking of you all , CALL ME
Post a Comment