Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Oh Canada


Hempola Farms

A lunch time kiss by girls in glasses

The snow is nearly up to his knees - by the way, can you believe that it was 70 degrees F. out at the time that this photo was taken? I kid you not!!!

Hello there everyone!

After a stressful few weeks at home, we decided to go ahead and take a vacation (which was planned for some time, thanks to Phil and Linda!) up to Barrie, Ontario. We are in a beautiful chalet at a resort called Carriage Ridge http://www.shellhospitality.com/hotels/carriage_resort/index.html
where we have done little more than relax and take in the fresh air and quiet surroundings. It has been a much needed and much appreciated vacation, let me tell you!!!

I will make sure to put photos up on the blog when I get home since the internet here is not free - although we have wireless, it still comes with a charge for each 24 hours worth of use.

We have had the time to do some swimming, enjoy some of the kids activities at the resort, done all kinds of crafts, visited the coolest general store in the world (I have photos of it), and visited a place called Hempola Farms http://www.hempola.com/

That was not too exciting. The brochure was much more interesting than the actual place to be honest. I was hoping to see a larger shop, as I find the multiple uses for hemp (not necessarily the 'weed' portion of the thing) very cool - bio fuel, clothing, and most recently, hemp cord which I am using to learn how to macramé. Aubrey and I (and Lanie to some extent) have been creating bracelets and necklaces out of hemp cord which has been a lot of fun to do, and it is also very meditative as well. I have been taking my cord to the pool area since I am not a big fan of swimming, and have created 5 or 6 different necklaces and bracelets at this point. Goodness, if I get any good at making these things, maybe I will be able to sell some of the ones that I make! ;-)

I have to laugh, we have 4 beds total in our chalet, as we have a lock off unit and two sofa sleepers, so you would think that we would have plenty of sleeping room - somehow, Lanie has won the battle each night, and has slept in between us in our bed - good thing they have large beds up here !!!

Anyhow, I just wanted to check in and let you all know that things are going well up here. As I said before, I will post the photos to this blog when we get home in a few days.

Much love and good health to all...

1 comment:

aubrey said...

The US Navy also lists hemp seed oil as the number one best lubricant for their engines! What is wrong with our government!? Nobody in their right mind would smoke hemp. It's just ultra, ULTRA weak pot!