Thursday, January 3, 2008

Farewell to our old friends, the sea monkeys, hello to our new friends, Fart Piet and Sinterklaas

For Christmas we got Lanie some Sea Monkeys. Seemed like a fun idea. The things hatched, lived, grew and then today, died! All we have now is a bunch of floating dead sea monkey bodies! Ugh. I think I fed them too much food. The stupid thing is that I actually thought these things were kind of cool. It was fun to watch them grow! Oh well.

So, on to Sinterklaas and "Fart" Piet. Our friends Robin and Ingrid over in Holland sent Lanie a package for the holidays that finally made it here today. In the package were a bunch of tasty treats, two little stuffed friends, a note from Zwarte Piet and Sinterklaas, and two little figurines of Sinterklaas and Zwart Piet as well. Well, when I told Lanie who they were, she said "Oh, Fart Piet?"


Sorry Holland - you are in for a stinky December 5 when Fart Piet comes back to town...

In the meantime, that explains what that smell was when I visited Spain all those years ago...

No comments: