Thursday, December 27, 2007

Unix and his surgery

I am on hold with the vet right now, but it sounds like things went ok for him today. He had a growth removed and it is being sent off to pathology to be checked. He also had his tartar-laden little teeth cleaned, and an x-ray since he has had recurring UTI's for a few months now. Let's just hope that the lump was nothing more than some useless extra skin, and not cancer!!

The feeling from the vet though is not really great. He said that it is a hard lump, and that very often can mean cancer. I know that we have to wait for the pathology report, and that will take at least a week, possibly two. I don't have the same sad gut feeling that I did with Obie. I knew Obie had cancer, even though I of course hoped that he didn't. I truly don't have that gut feeling with Unix, but there is nothing more we can do for now but wait. Even if it is cancer, there is always the chance that it is something that is less bad than that terrible lymphoma that Obie had. Mom's cat Glory had Squamous Cell Sarcoma, a very deadly and fast moving cancer, and they found it early enough to get it all with surgery - and that was a number of years ago, so I will do all that I can to be positive.

Today is a big spending day in our house - on top of the vet bill which should be around $500, we had to replace the tires on the truck today since one apparently had a gaping hole in it!! Ahh life!

Who cares. As long as everyone is healthy, I will be happy.

Love to you all!

No comments: